Two psychologists (one appointed by the WCED and one appointed by the governing body of the school) provide support services to the educators, learners and parents of Jan Kriel School.
The psychologists are responsible for:
- placement of learners in collaboration with psychologists of Metro East Education District,
- providing guidance to parents,
- coordinating the planning of individual support plans in conjunction with the multi-disciplinary team at the school,
- counselling learners regarding personal and scholastic challenges, subject choices and further education and training opportunities and
- contributing to the activities associated with the resource centre responsibilities.
Learners who require regular and intensive therapy are usually referred to psychologists or psychiatrists in private practice.